Area Amendments with date in force (d/m/y). Sales and Offences
52 Repealed: 2011, c. 1, Sched. 2, s. 6.
Part Amendments with date in force (d/m/y)
Order of Registrar re: false marketing
53 (1) In the event that Registrar thinks on reasonable grounds that a licensee is creating a false, deceptive or statement that is deceptive to a cash advance or perhaps a cash advance contract in virtually any product posted in the slightest, including an ad, circular or pamphlet, the Registrar may,
(a) order the cessation for the use of the material;
(b) purchase the licensee to retract the declaration or publish a modification of equal prominence to the publication that is original or
(c) order both a cessation described in clause (a) and a retraction or modification described in clause (b). 2008, c. 9, s. 53 (1).
(2) area 13 relates with necessary customizations to an purchase under this area into the exact same way as up to a proposition by the Registrar to refuse to issue a licence. 2008, c. 9, s. 53 (2).
(3) The purchase associated with Registrar shall simply take impact straight away, however the Tribunal may give a stay until the Registrar’s order becomes final. 2008, c. 9, s. 53 (3).
(4) In the event that licensee will not allure an purchase under this area or if the Tribunal upholds your purchase or perhaps a variation of it, the licensee shall, upon the demand of this Registrar, distribute all statements in just about any ad, circular, pamphlet or material become posted at all towards the Registrar for approval before book for the period of time that the Registrar specifies. 2008, c. 9, s. 53 (4).
(5) The Registrar shall maybe perhaps maybe not specify under subsection (4) a period of time,
(a) that exceeds a duration that is recommended; or
(b) any element of which falls outside of the period that is recommended. 2008, c. 9, s. 53 (5).
54 (1) If it seems towards the Director that a entity or person just isn’t complying with this particular Act or the regulations or a purchase made under this Act, the Director may connect with the Superior Court of Justice for the purchase directing anyone or entity to comply, and, upon the application form, the court may make the purchase that the court thinks fit. 2008, c. 9, s. 54 (1).
(2) Subsection (1) is applicable along with some other procedures which may be offered to your Director, set up Director has exercised his / her legal rights under such procedures. 2008, c. 9, s. 54 (2).
(3) An appeal lies towards the Divisional Court from a purchase made under subsection (1). 2008, c. 9, s. 54 (3).
55 (1) an entity or person is bad of an offense whom,
(a) furnishes false information in any application under this Act or in almost any statement or get back needed under this Act;
(b) does not adhere to any purchase under this Act;
(c) contravenes or fails to comply with any area with this Act or the laws; or
(d) tries to commit any offense mentioned in clause (a), (b) or (c). 2008, c. 9, s. 55 (1).
(2) An officer or manager of the organization whom does not just take reasonable care to avoid the firm from committing an offense mentioned in subsection (1) is responsible for the offense. 2008, c. 9, s. 55 (2).
(3) an individual or entity that is convicted of an offense under this Act is likely to,
(a) an excellent of only $50,000 or to imprisonment for a term of only couple of years less a or both, if the person or entity is an individual; or day
(b) a superb of only $250,000, if the individual or entity just isn’t someone. 2008, c. 9, s. 55 (3).
(4) No proceeding under this area will probably be commenced significantly more than couple of years following the reality upon which the proceeding is situated first found the knowledge associated with the Director. 2008, c. 9, s. 55 (4).
Instructions for payment, restitution
56 in case a entity or person is convicted of a offense under this Act, the court making the conviction may, as well as some other penalty, order the individual or entity convicted to pay for settlement or make restitution. 2008, c. 9, s. 56.
Standard in re re re re payment of fines or charges
57 (1) in case a cost mentioned in subsection (2) is in standard for at least 60 times, the Director may reveal up to a customer agency that is reporting title regarding the defaulter, the cost as well as the date the cost went into standard. 2008, c. 9, s. 57 (1).
(2) Subsection (1) is applicable to your charges that are following